Castor oil is miraculous for fine lines, deep lines & pigmentation, toning, healing & detoxifying the skin. Almost 90% of castors fatty acid content consists of rinoleic acid, an unsaturated fatty acid, that whilst building elastin, collagen and fighting free radicals, has proven effective in preventing the growth of numerous species of viruses, bacteria, yeasts and moulds, including, the growth of bacteria that causes acne. Castor also acts as a preventative, averting the build up of dead cells that may delay wound healing, via improving blood and lymphatic circulation to the face.
From an Ayurvedic perspective, the texture of castor oil is a key component. The thick, smooth, soft, sticky, unctuous Kaphic qualities of castor, negate the dry, light, rough, Vata qualities – responsible for the ageing process.
Application and benefits for all skin types:
• Fine or deep line reduction
– The ratio is 2/3 face nourishing oil, 1/3 castor. Apply morning and night. Add aloe serum
to emulsify the oils, so they are readily absorbed for fast hydration.
• Pimples, blemishes, acne – Even oily skin will benefit from castor oil. A dab of castor oil on a deep pimple or blocked pore, will relieve trapped toxins completely or loosen the pore. Again add castor oil to Kapha face nourishing oil (as per the ratio mentioned above) – the antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties of castor oil assist in relieving acne and scarring.
• Stretch marks, stretched skin & cellulite – The sticky, thick, smooth, lymphatic boosting properties of castor will diminish cellulite, stretch marks & tone stretched skin. Apply warm as a massage oil, using a 50/50 ratio of vata body oil to castor oil. You may apply neat, however many people do not enjoy the stickiness of castor, so applying with another carrier oil makes it emollient and spreadable. Please note, this treatment won’t work over night, however with daily application over 2 – 3 months you will see a positive effect.
• Pain relief – Lather castor onto the affected site, cover with cloth, and rest whilst you apply a heat pack for 10 -15 minutes until the oil is absorbed. This treatment helps ease lower back, abdominal and period pain and is notable after the treatment.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.